Guiding You
Towards Legalization

Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) Lawyers in Santa Ana Securing Your Child’s Path to Citizenship

Living abroad as a U.S. citizen can be an amazing experience. You get to explore different cultures, meet new people, and learn about the world in a way that you could never do at home. It can also be a great opportunity to start a family away from the States by having a child abroad. But if you have your baby in another country, it is important that you apply for the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) so your child can become an official citizen of the United States and enjoy all the benefits that come along with it. Our experienced team of CRBA lawyers in Santa Ana is here to help guide you through every step of this process so that your child’s path to citizenship is secure and hassle-free for everyone involved.

The first thing you should do is make an appointment with our team of CRBA attorneys in Santa Ana to discuss the specifics of your case and learn more about how to apply for a CRBA. During this consultation, we will review all the necessary documents and paperwork required for filing a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Our goal is to ensure that you have everything you need so that when it comes time to submit all the paperwork, everything runs smoothly and without delay. Contact our law firm today at 305-680-1432 for an initial consultation with our team.

What is a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)?

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) is an official record of the U.S. citizenship of a child born abroad to U.S. citizen parents. When a child is born abroad and has at least one U.S. citizen parent, that parent may apply for a CRBA on behalf of their child from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in the country where the child was born.

The purpose of this document is to provide evidence of U.S. citizenship and identity for your minor child, allowing them access to certain benefits – such as entitlement to Social Security Benefits, eligibility for education assistance programs, and permission to enter and leave the United States. It is important to note that a Consular Report of Birth Abroad is not a passport, and it does not serve as proof of U.S. citizenship for international travel purposes or other legal matters. Our law firm strives to provide you with reliable advice and constant assistance in completing your CRBA application process.

What is the CRBA Application Process Like?

In general, applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad is a two-step process that requires both parents to be present at the U.S. embassy or consulate. The first step is to complete and submit an application form, which can be obtained from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in the country where your child was born or downloaded online. Additionally, you will need to submit several supporting documents such as evidence of parentage and citizenship, birth certificate, and proof of identity for all parties involved in the application process.

Although applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad does not require legal assistance, there are many unexpected complications that can arise during the application process due to unfamiliarity with regulations or language barriers. To ensure that your CRBA application is processed correctly and quickly without any issues, it is best to seek the advice of an experienced immigration attorney who will provide you with the necessary guidance and support throughout the entire process.

What Complications Can Delay a CRBA?

Delays in obtaining a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) can be caused by several factors. Some of the most common complications include:

  • Incomplete documentation – All documentation must be complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
  • Lack of legal guardianship – A parent or guardian must appear in person to apply for a CRBA on behalf of the child and provide proof of legal guardianship.
  • Non-compliance with local laws – Applicants must comply with all applicable laws in their country, including marriage laws and other regulations.
  • Expired passport or visa – Applications must include a valid passport and, if applicable, a valid visa.

US Migration Solution, PLLC has years of combined experience handling CRBA applications. Our team of experienced attorneys can ensure your application is completed correctly and quickly while avoiding any delays or complications. Contact us today to get started on your CRBA application!

How Can Consular Report of Birth Abroad Lawyers Help Me?

Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) lawyers can provide valuable assistance throughout the CRBA application process and help ensure that your child’s citizenship is properly documented. Here are some ways a CRBA lawyer can help:

  • Focused Guidance: Navigating the CRBA process can be complex, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the requirements and procedures. A lawyer from our law firm experienced in CRBA cases will guide you through each step, ensuring that you fully understand the process and know what to expect.
  • Document Preparation: We can help you gather and prepare the necessary documents to support your application, such as proof of U.S. citizenship, evidence of relationship, and documentation of physical presence in the United States.
  • Application Review: Before submitting your CRBA application, our team can review it to ensure that it’s complete, accurate, and free of errors that could lead to delays or denials.
  • Legal Representation: If your CRBA application is denied or you encounter any legal issues during the process, a CRBA lawyer can represent you and advocate on your behalf to resolve the matter.
  • Updates on Laws and Regulations: Our CRBA lawyers stay informed about any changes to laws or regulations that may affect your child’s eligibility for U.S. citizenship, ensuring that you receive the most up-to-date guidance.

By enlisting the help of a CRBA lawyer, you can increase your chances of a successful application and gain peace of mind knowing that your child’s U.S. citizenship is being properly documented and protected. Reach out to US Migration Solution, PLLC, at 305-680-1432 for an initial consultation with our trusted team.

Back To top